What I appreciated about this particular course was the review of laws like FERPA and CIPA. While I have heard of these acronyms in the past, my knowledge was very limited. Through research and analysis I discovered that our district is CIPA compliant, which explains why there are particular limitations on what students are allowed to do. If the district does not follow CIPA regulations, we risk losing the e-rated funding that helps students have access to 1:1 devices.
Another valuable entity I have taken from this course is having more knowledge of what is expected on the state exam. Being provided a blueprint and study guide, helps ease anxiety of the unknown. It will prove to be beneficial for the entire cohort.
Additionally, I think highly of the fact that the assignments were able to be modified to relevancy to our current position and school building. Being able to make an assignment applicable to what you are currently doing in the classroom or building really brings authenticity to what we are learning and WHY we are learning it. It helps transfer our knowledge to real learning, and in turn we grow because of it. Just as we expect our students to do. The group assignment was great because in most schools, I believe the expectation is to collaborate. Instead of us muddling through a project independently, we put all our collective input and effort together and created a presentation that will be beneficial for our parents. Our students' parents have such a deep impact on how our students progress throughout the year, and equipping parents with knowledge is a huge foundational block to ensuring that the school community is working in unison.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
EEND 713 Course Reflection - Module 8
The journey to obtaining our Technology Specialist Endorsement began March of 2017. As a cohort we have learned new and exciting platforms ...
-
Artifact 1: Linoit.com http://linoit.com/users/sheiladaly/canvases/Collaborative%20Assignment In the beginning of the course we were...
-
Overall I appreciated this course very much! I liked having to be pushed outside my comfort zone and create a classroom story (via video...
-
Purpose: The purpose of Genius Hour was to allow students an opportunity to explore their own self interests that was not dictated by cu...
No comments:
Post a Comment