Wednesday, October 17, 2018

EEND 713 Introduction

Hi!
My name is Sheila Daly, I teach 5th Grade ESL at Roosevelt Elementary.  I taught three years in South Korea for the South Korean Government. I volunteered as a teacher in India for about three weeks, and I have traveled about twenty countries in my lifetime (I intend my list to keep growing). South Korea was an incredible experience and if I did not have family in Illinois, I would have returned to SK a long time ago. I am currently finishing my fifth year in Cicero, IL, and have overall been very pleased with my experience working in this very unique subculture. This past June, I began an additional cohort with Aurora University obtaining my Masters in Educational Leadership (principal endorsement). I can say with confidence that these classes have really helped me transfer valuable knowledge and experience into my new cohort...especially the Technology and Leadership class I took over the summer :-)
My current “comfort level” with technology has definitely gotten better throughout the St. Francis courses. I have been equipped with new knowledge, platforms, and policies. It has really helped me provide quicker feedback to my students that helps them apply new skills taught and learned. These courses have also helped me become more aware of policy and law that I was unaware of previously.
I have been taking these course outside my “comfort zone” since March 2017, and finally towards the end of the road, entering a new class does not provide me crippling anxiety.
This will be a bittersweet end to this journey with my cohort. I have had the pleasure of working with INCREDIBLE professionals who really have a genuine passion for teaching. Additionally, I believe we have all been blessed with quality instructors provided to us by St. Francis. The University definitely did not disappoint.

💙💚💛

No comments:

Post a Comment

EEND 713 Course Reflection - Module 8

The journey to obtaining our Technology Specialist Endorsement began March of 2017.  As a cohort we have learned new and exciting platforms ...