Hi!
My name is Sheila Daly, I teach 5th Grade ESL at Roosevelt Elementary. I began my adventure with District 99 in 2012 and overall been very pleased with my experience working in this very unique subculture. Previously, I taught three years in South Korea for the South Korean (SK) Government. I volunteered as a teacher in India for about three weeks after my contract completion in 2011. I have traveled to twenty countries in my lifetime (I intend my list to keep growing). South Korea was an incredible experience and if I did not have family in Illinois, I would have returned to SK a long time ago.
My name is Sheila Daly, I teach 5th Grade ESL at Roosevelt Elementary. I began my adventure with District 99 in 2012 and overall been very pleased with my experience working in this very unique subculture. Previously, I taught three years in South Korea for the South Korean (SK) Government. I volunteered as a teacher in India for about three weeks after my contract completion in 2011. I have traveled to twenty countries in my lifetime (I intend my list to keep growing). South Korea was an incredible experience and if I did not have family in Illinois, I would have returned to SK a long time ago.
My current “comfort level” with technology has definitely gotten better throughout the St. Francis courses. I have been equipped with new knowledge and platforms because of it. It has really helped me provide quicker feedback to my students that helps them apply new skills taught.
In regards to EdTech successes and failures, my exposure has expanded through the past courses and taking these courses are still outside my “comfort zone”, but a little less scary now that we are almost finished with the endorsement. I do feel that one of my biggest "failures" was trying to launch a PBL Unit with my students. Previous to last course, I did not feel I had any understanding on how to launch a PBL with my students. HOWEVER, and fortunately, the Genius Hour project really broke down the process and made it easier to launch it with my students. It was really exciting to see the students excited about researching what they are passionate about 💙💚💛
No comments:
Post a Comment