Friday, October 26, 2018

EEND 713 Genius Hour - Module 2

"Discipline and consistency.  I owe these two factors all have attained in my life.  Things have never happened overnight.  Results have appeared as a consequence of decades long toil.  It is necessary to persist."  - Master Carlos Gracie Jr.

Initially I was going to look into Local Politics for my Genius Hour Project, however, after reading other people's posts. It inspired me to chance m mind on what I wanted to dedicate my time to learning.

I have been boxing since 2008 when I lived in South Korea.  I remember wanting to die for months because the workouts were so intense. Not to mention, I felt like I was chasing the men around in the ring because I could never land a hit.  I was one of two females at this particular boxing gym.  My coach was a Golden Glove Champion for South Korea.  I remember how intimidated I felt when I first started boxing, but now ten years later, if I don't get an opportunity during the week... it depresses me.

ANYHOW, currently I box at UFC gym in Oaklawn.  I catch myself peeking over to the men and women grappling on the mat and always want to try but I am so nervous to try.  I am also slightly embarrassed because I know I'll get my butt beat.  Jiu Jitsu is not an art for the faint of heart.  However, I know my best accomplishes and biggest growth always comes from dancing outside my comfort zone.  So starting next week, I am going to see how well I do or don't do at Jiu Jitsu.  I know this will only help me with self defense skills!  I have mixed emotions of excitement and pure terror.


What is JiuJitsu? --Click here and watch

1 comment:

  1. If you were willing to try boxing, you will do well at Jiu Jitsu. Enjoy the learning process and Dance on!!

    ReplyDelete

EEND 713 Course Reflection - Module 8

The journey to obtaining our Technology Specialist Endorsement began March of 2017.  As a cohort we have learned new and exciting platforms ...