Monday, December 4, 2017

Graphic Design and Typography



EEND 667 Artifact 1:Graphic Design and Typography


Purpose: The purpose of this assignment was to create a sign and/or poster that you could use in the classroom with your students. I created two posters for my students, one was an anchor chart for fraction math steps and the other was a poster for their endangered animals paper. The math fraction poster was created to remind students of steps to take when creating equivalent fractions, and the endangered animal poster was an example of what I wanted students to create for themselves in google draw. Each student chose an animal to research and at the end of their research they were to create a poster that represented some of the knowledge and information gathered in their research.


Challenges: For this particular assignment, I did not see many challenges. I felt that the program was very rudimentary and it being a Google program, it was extremely user friendly for both teacher and student to learn.
How it was Used in the Classroom: I used Google Draw in the classroom to create an anchor chart for equivalent fraction steps, and I also used it as a ¨cover” design for their informational paper.


Reflection and Growth: I like the basic concept of this program, and can see how it would be beneficial for students. It helps students slow down and reflect on the most important information they want to visually display in their papers to their audiences. I also found this to be useful as a colorful tool students could reference when needing a reminder of the steps needed when creating equivalent fractions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

EEND 713 Course Reflection - Module 8

The journey to obtaining our Technology Specialist Endorsement began March of 2017.  As a cohort we have learned new and exciting platforms ...