Wednesday, December 6, 2017

EEND 677 Reflection

I have deeply appreciated this course overall. I found that it provided so many practical resources that I was able to utilize with my students. I also found that the structure of the class was ideal for learning new concepts and attempting creation of our own material. It was nice to be able to practice together in class and if we ran into any challenges or questions we had the adjunct there ready and willing to help. I also found a lot of value in the in-class discussions Mr. Hagedorn led. It was much more organic and authentic to have the importance of conversation in person versus through a screen where thoughts and responses can become so scripted.


I genuinely appreciated all the things we learned through this course...except that I had to listen to myself on recording. Argh. I cannot believe I sound like THAT?! However, my favorite program I used in this course was ScreencastOMatic.  Instantly within minutes of having students utilize the short videos I created, I saw it beneficial to their comprehension. In particular my strugglers and ELLs. I found this helpful for the students because they were able to pause or replay the video as often as they needed to. Allowing them this differentiation proved to help their accuracy and success in the skill we were learning in math. THIS is definitely a tool I will continue to use with my students.

This course has left me more optimistic about future classes, and less anxious about my abilities. I am hoping that the following class is just as beneficial as this class.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your comments. I hope all the future classes provide such useful ways of seemlessly incorporating effective technolgy to support student learning,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on Sheila! I concur with your comments about the this class. I thoroughly enjoyed this class as well. One of my favorite programs to use was ScreencastOMatic too, so many benefits for the students!

    ReplyDelete

EEND 713 Course Reflection - Module 8

The journey to obtaining our Technology Specialist Endorsement began March of 2017.  As a cohort we have learned new and exciting platforms ...