Purpose: The purpose of this assignment was to create a classroom story via video. The tool that I chose to use was called Spark Adobe. I chose this platform because it was simple to use and very user friendly. My students and I decided to create a commercial for our incoming 5th grade students for next year. We discussed what kids should expect from their learning and their teacher.
Challenge: The challenge was creating a video that was organic in nature… we still have yet to reach that goal. Because my students and I are not completely comfortable with video recordings, it was an awkward (but fun) experience for us all. I also wish there were better FREE programs out there that offered more than what Spark Adobe offers. I was grateful to have stumbled upon it, however, I wish there were more aspects offered for editing the video. Alas, all things we want does cost money.
How it was use in the classroom: I used this digital tool in my classroom to record a commercial for incoming 5th Graders next year.
Reflection & growth: In reflection, I thought that this was a fun assignment. I am fortunate that I was able to implement this assignment before the end of the school year. It was a great way to spend time with my students, as the end of year chaos amped up. I really hope to utilize classroom videos and/or project videos with my students in upcoming years. I just hope that eventually I can find a product that is free, just as user friendly, but offers a little more dynamic aspects than Spark Adobe.
Love your classroom story! You can see how much your students love your class and how much you enjoy working with them.
ReplyDelete