Wednesday, January 10, 2018

EEND 678 Introduction

Hi!
My name is Sheila Daly, I teach 5th Grade ESL at Roosevelt Elementary.  I taught three years in South Korea for the South Korean Government. I volunteered as a teacher in India for about three weeks, and I have traveled to twenty countries in my lifetime. I am currently in my sixth year in Cicero, IL, and have overall been very pleased with my experience working in this very unique subculture.
My current “comfort level” with technology has transitioned from "lukewarm" to 'ish". I am comfortable enough with turning a computer on and off,and some new programs learned through adjuncts of USF. Currently my favorite program I have learned about and utilized in my classroom, would be screen-casting. It has really helped my ESL students become stronger math students.
In regards to EdTech successes and failures, I took a practice test for the Technology Specialist Endorsement and bombed. That was fun... but in all fairness, I am not even half way through the entire course and still have till December 2018 to finish :-)
I suppose it is a humble reminder how our students sometimes must feel when presented with new information or information they have yet to learn 💙💚💛

2 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous of all the traveling you have done. Teaching in South Korea for three years... that sounds amazing! I had the opportunity to teach English to students in Spain for 4 months, but I'm sure that does not compare to your experience.

    Almost halfway done with this endorsement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It DEFINITELY compares! Just think of your four month experience....extended lol. I often wish I was still globe trotting. Mortgages ruin everything lol

      Delete

EEND 713 Course Reflection - Module 8

The journey to obtaining our Technology Specialist Endorsement began March of 2017.  As a cohort we have learned new and exciting platforms ...