Purpose: The purpose of this assignment was to find digital platforms that allowed teachers accessibility and ease to assessing their students. One of the platforms I chose to use as my assessment tool was GoFormative. I chose this because it was something new and I wanted to explore how I could utilize it in my classroom.
Challenges: I did not find GoFormative to be very challenging overall. It did take me a moment to make sure that I launched it properly with my students, and I did ask a student to see their computer so I could see how it was displayed on their end to have a better understanding of the process and formating of the program. I also found it a bit confusing when I was trying to Assign/Share the assignment because unless I loaded it from my Google Classroom, my students could not access the assessment.
How it was used in the classroom: I used GoFormative in my 5th Grade classroom to assess some of their Ready Gen curriculum skills. The skill that we have been focusing on has been Cause & Effect and I was able to load a few questions that aligned with the skill and curriculum. I was also able to provide students with instant feedback on what the “correct” answer was after they submit their answers. I really appreciate this aspect of GoFormative because it shows students instantly whether they got the answers correct or incorrect.
Reflection and growth: I am glad that I was able to explore beyond using Google Suite with this assignment, and can think of ways to utilize GoFormative in my classroom. What I like best about this platform was that students are able to have instant feedback on their responses. As a student myself, I hate waiting to see whether or not my answers were correct or incorrect. Additionally, students are able to analyze their work if incorrect quickly, and hopefully find and/or understand where their mistake was.
No comments:
Post a Comment